Wednesday, May 25, 2011

gone fishin'

Lately, I just cannot get enough seafood - whether it be sushi, salmon, shrimp, lobster or crab.

I'm sure my parents thought I'd never get to a place where my palate matured past grilled cheese and chicken tenders {although I still love these guilty pleasures}. When I was kid, I remember visiting my cousins in Maryland for the 4th of July and there was seafood aplenty. Steamed crabs, crabcakes {and football, cuz that's what Maryland does} and more piled high on platters. And what did I want? A hot dog. Smothered in cheese. Today, I would never pass up an authentic Maryland crabcake.

So I'm looking forward to heading back east where I can really sink my teeth into something yummy. But that's not to say that I haven't had some tasty seafood meals here in the desert.

deliciousness from roy's.



from beckett's table. too bad I had a migraine and couldn't fully enjoy the meal {or my wine}.


I also have been known to bake up some frozen salmon on busy nights. My favorite is from Sea Cuisine. It's easy and delicious and ready to enjoy in about 30 minutes. Just add a side of steamed veggies or a light salad and it's the perfect weeknight meal.


~via~


No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...