Saturday, April 21, 2012

from russia {and italy, and france...}, with love

A sweet, thoughful, handwritten, sent-via-snail-mail note is my favorite thing to get in the mail {except for maybe a surprise package from my husband or a dear friend}. And I especially love postcards from far-away places.

Over Christmas, I found this envelope of vintage stamps from around the world on sale at Anthropologie and I just had to have them. I love the idea that these stamps have adorned love letters, thank you cards, just-because notes and, of course, postcards, from people I'll never meet. I'm sure some of these stamps may have traveled quite a distance to reach their destination.



I decided to create an easy weekend DIY project, so I painstakingly sorted through the collection and selected a few of my favorites to display.




I'm loving the way it turned out.








No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...