Thursday, November 4, 2010

pure bliss

I'm a big fan of folky singer/songwriters; mellow artists whose music helps me to relax. I'm usually always on the go, so I'm grateful for a moment to take a breath. I can close my eyes and just concentrate on the guitar, a voice or a melody, and everything else just fades away.

Here are a few of my favorites. 

re: Stacks by Bon Iver

An amazing artist to experience live. I saw him at Mesa Arts Center {awesome venue and I highly recommend seeing a show there}, in the 4th or 5th row and it was pure perfection.

Did you catch my favorite line? Your love will be safe with me...



I'd Rather Be With You by Joshua Radin

I also saw Joshua Radin live - for free at an outdoor concert - and he, too, was amazing. And dreamy. I mean, look at his hair! And he plays the guitar and sings? Swoon.




Falling Slowly by Swell Season

I love the Swell Season. If they sound familiar, they won an Academy Award for their movie "Once." One part Dublin's The Frames and one part Czech pianist/vocalist, Swell Season has some truly epic, haunting songs. I had a hard time choosing just one to share with you, but I suggest you also check out Leave - it's raw, emotional and heart-wrenching, but absolutely gorgeous.

I had the chance to see them in concert, too - another great show at Mesa Arts Center - earlier this year. Sadly, they've since stopped performing together.

P.S. KEXP in Seattle is awesome. You should check it out.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...