Friday, November 4, 2011

fondant and f&b

On Wednesday, Jenny and I met up for a fondant decorating class {remember our baking day and our holiday cookie/cupcake decorating class} at Icing on My Cake in Scottsdale. It was the first time either one of us had worked with fondant, and I have to say, I think our cakes looked amazing.


~jenny's sunny yellow theme~


~mine: lavender and white~

Afterwards, we met up with one of Jenny's friends for a luxuriously long dinner at FnB Restaurant in Scottsdale. The food is delicious and uses seasonal ingredients from lots of local sources. I highly suggest making a reservation {the place was packed - and it was a Wednesday!} for the bar where you get to see chef Charleen and her crew in action.


Our conversation and spread of food and wine was so engaging I didn't even think to take photos of all the deliciousness that was happening. I did, however, have to capture the sweets that capped off the most amazing meal.

~caramel pudding~

~flourless chocolate cake with housemade vanilla ice cream and huckleberries~




2 comments:

  1. Great cake! I love the lavender! You dinner sounds like so much fun. I love trying new, fun restaurants.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Chelsea! It was fun to try something new - both the fondant and the restaurant!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...