Wednesday, October 20, 2010

smitten kitten | style icons

While my interior design aesthetic runs more toward a clean and modern look, my fashion aesthetic is definitely more pretty and feminine. I love ruffles, bows, appliqué, skirts and dresses, classic pieces that can be worn for years mixed with sweet, soft, sometimes trendy pieces (right now, I'm loving statement necklaces!).

I love everything about the looks of these women - my style icons.

Olivia Palermo
Sure, she's cast as the villian who drove Whitney and Erin crazy on The City, but love her or hate her, you cannot question her impecable style.  And did you know? She's also been rumored to have been the inspiration for Gossip Girl's Blair Waldorf.


~via here~


~via here~



Gwyneth Paltrow
Another love her or loathe her kind of gal. I happen to love her - I mean, come on, she chronicled her travels through Spain with Mario Batali and Mark Bittman and even featured a restaurant from Almunecar, one of the cities I lived in while studying in Spain. She also has a fabulous lifestyle newsletter called Goop, which I highly recommend. 




~via here~

~via here~



Lauren Conrad
Can you tell that my old guilty pleasure may have been watching MTV on Tuesday nights? Lauren mixes laid-back California style with put-together pretty. And I love it.


~via here~



~via here~

Jacqueline Kennedy Onassis
Saving the best for last. No list of style icons would be complete with without  reference to this woman. Style plus substance, she always looked flawless.



~via here~

~via here~

1 comment:

  1. agreed on every woman...i'll have to say that lauren conrad is my idol when it comes to style and hair and make up. looove it.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...