Wednesday, September 1, 2010

smitten kitten | french macarons

I'm addicted to sweets. Cupcakes, brownies, cookies - I love nearly all manner of baked goods.

My latest obsession : French macarons. They are such a perfect, sweet little treat. But don't confuse them with macaroons (a coconut cookie-type sweet that is usually dipped in chocolate), a French macaron is far more chic. My future husband is allergic to nuts, and since macarons are made with ground almonds, he can't try them. So for better or worse, more for me!
~i love macarons by hisako ogita~

I currently have two favorite places to indulge...

Miette in San Francisco


My favorite city in the U.S., San Francisco is home to a darling patisserie, Miette. Located in the Ferry Building on Embarcadero, Miette dreams up some of the best macarons in whimsical flavors like chocolate lavender and rose geranium.




A little something extra: while you're there, pick up a piece or two of their fleur de sel caramels. They are the perfect combination of salty and sweet.


Essence Bakery in Tempe, Ariz.
~raspberry macarons via essence bakery~


Essence Bakery is a local love that offers up a variety of delicious macarons. The chocolate reminds me of a classic brownie flavor and the caramel is just to die for! They're larger than the ones at Miette, and I have yet to finish and entire one in one sitting.

Special thanks to my dear friend and fellow bride-to-be Amy for introducing me to Miette.





1 comment:

  1. love the credit-hee hee :) I will share a macaron with you any day of the week.
    PS. love the blog, so sweet & fun, just like you!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...