Tuesday, September 14, 2010

wanderlust

Every year or so, I get a major case of wanderlust. Don't get me wrong, I want to travel all the time, but when wanderlust hits, it's almost uncontrollable and must be satisfied right away. The only thing that cures it is an international trip. Not just one to Mexico or Canada, but a real, honest-to-goodness getaway, complete with a researched list of must-sees, must-dos and must-eats, a lengthy airplane ride, a camera and foreign funds.

My last trip took me on a solo tour of Copenhagen (or at least, that was the plan). I got really ill and only managed to drag myself out of the hotel and hospital for one day. But it was enough to make me want to come back and explore more.


~my hotel, the avenue~

~the courtyard view from my room~

~city hall square~


~tivoli gardens~

Some of my friends are currently in Europe, and can I tell you? I'm so jealous. With work and wedding planning taking priority, my next international excursion will have to wait. So, while I'm trapped inside the oven that is an Arizona summer, my friends are galavanting around, eating, drinking, discovering. On the plus side, I get to live vicariously through their photos. And there are plenty of great shots to share, so if you try really hard, you can imagine yourself there with them.

Thanks to my dear friend Ziggy for taking us to Switzerland, Italy and Greece!

~chateau de chillon at lake geneva in switzerland~


~picture perfect swiss street~

~true french macarons~

~the italian coast~

~pizza umbertos in italy~
~santorini. looks like a postcard, non?~


~authentic gyro. yum!~


~just like heaven~

What country is currently calling your name?

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...