Wednesday, September 22, 2010

smitten kitten | tea towels

I blame this innate obsession on my mother - there is a drawer in my mom's kitchen that is stuffed with tea towels. Among all the things my mom passed along to me, she blessed me with a love of tea towels.

What's the history of a tea towel, you ask? (And by the way, doesn't tea towel sound lovely? So much better than dish towel.) In 18th century England, a tea towel was a special linen cloth that was used solely by the mistress of a household to dry her delicate and expensive tea china.

So be the mistress of your household and pick up some adorable tea towels for your own kitchen.



~union jack tea towel~

~mr. darcy tea towel~
~danica studio aviary tea towel~
~my favorite british WWII slogan~



No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...